Love Where You Live award winners revealed!
Community heroes from across the Wakefield district have been honoured at the Grand Final of WDH's Love
Where You Live Awards 2013.
The WDH Love Where You Live Awards recognise individuals and groups who have made a positive difference in their
communities. More than 6,000 votes were received for the nominees, with the winners announced at Wakefield's Cedar Court Hotel.
Winners on the night included:
- Best Neighbourhood – Featherstone and District War Memorial Group
- Community Group – Friends of Fryston Woods - Castleford
- Young Achiever – Josh Salmons – South Kirkby
- Good Neighbour – Steven Horne - Normanton
- Working with Young People – Outdoor Action for Kids Forest School – South Kirkby
- Working with Older People – Senior Citizens Support Group - Horbury
- Best Garden – James McVicker - Featherstone
- Environmental Champion - Outdoor Action for Kids Forest School – South Kirkby
The finalists had all previously received awards in one of three local area heats representing
the east, central and west areas of the Wakefield district, with votes here on our dedicated website
and at WDH service access points during September and October.
WDH Chief Executive Kevin Dodd said: “There is a great deal of hard work going on across the district to make our
communities better places to live, and local people are at the heart of this.
"This year's WDH Love Where You Live Awards have been even more successful than last year, and we are hoping
for even greater things in 2014 as more local heroes receive the recognition they deserve."
The awards were sponsored by Sodexo and nearly £300 was raised on the night which will be donated to Wakefield
Hospice and the Prince of Wales Hospice.
Watch out for all the photos, which are available on our Facebook page.
For more information about how to enter next year's awards, please email email@example.com