What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Feedback from emails and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Site usage information, using cookies and page tagging techniques.
- Votes submitted by the polls on the nominees pages.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular
for the following reasons:
- Contact visitors (with their permission).
- To improve our website and other services.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They can then be read
back by the website when required. Each cookie is unique and will contain anonymous information such as a unique
id, the site name and some digits and numbers.
Cookies are used to remember that you have logged in when you move to a different page, store your preferences,
and improve the efficiency and experience of using the website. Often cookies are deleted automatically after
you have left the website.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline
cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from using all the functions of the website.
Visit www.aboutcookies.org for information on how to make your browser decline cookies.
The cookies that we use do not contain any personal information and can’t be used to identify you.
We use Google Analytics to find out how people are using our site and how they found us. This helps us to improve
our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful
and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than
the data you choose to share with us.
The cookies we used are categorised into:
- Necessary - We use necessary cookies to make our site work.
- Performance - We use performance cookies to measure your use of our site, to help us make improvements.
- Functionality - We use functionality cookies to provide optional-use tools.
- Advertising - We use advertising cookies to help us improve the relevancy of advertising campaigns you may receive.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites that we feel may be useful to you. We are not responsible
for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these other websites.
We encourage you to read the privacy statements on any website that you visit.